Our asphalt roofing shingles are composed of:
- Fiberglass mat that adds weather protection, greater fire resistance and longer life.
- Weathering-grade asphalt that holds the granules on the shingle and protects the roof from water.
- Colorful mineral granules that help reflect the sun's rays while adding beauty and style to the roof.
- Algae Resistant (AR) granules preventing the growth of algae on your shingles
- Heat-activated adhesive strip that bonds shingles into a single, watertight unit.
- Class A Fire Rating, the highest available for residential applications.
- Wind Resistance Rating for winds and gusts up to 110 mph depending on the shingle style selected.
- Limited product warranties ranging from 20 to 50 years, depending on shingle style.
Three-Tab Asphalt Shingle
Three-Tab Asphalt Shingles are named for the standard three-tabs-per-shingle design. These come with a 20, 25 and 30-year warranty, and have lower wind warranties. Three-Tab asphalt shingles come in a variety of colors, and work well for people on a lower budget.
Architectural Asphalt Shingle
Architectural asphalt shingles are 2 shingles that have been laminated together - they have higher dimension. The idea is for them to look more like a shake shingle. Warranties are available in 30, 40 and 50-year. These shingles have better wind warranties. Architectural asphalt shingles have a large variety of colors and patterns to choose from, and the prices are reasonable.
Designer Asphalt Shingles
Designer asphalt shingles are the shingles that truly show off your home. They are a heavier Architectural shingle. Some have more than 2 layers laminated together. The colors, styles and patterns of designer asphalt shingles are unique. Most come with a 50-year or lifetime warranty. Wind warranties are great up to 130 miles per hour.
Hail Impact-Resistant Asphalt Shingles (Class 4)
Hail Impact-Resistant Asphalt Shingles are heavy Architectural shingles, with the ability to withstand hail. Many insurance companies will reduce your premium by an average of 20% for using hail impact-resistant asphalt shingles (also known as Class 4 asphalt shingles). Check with your insurance agency to see how much you can save.